Saturday, January 16, 2010

Jan. 8: The Second Chance

After all the fun and excitement in the Philippines, I still haven’t forgotten about the auditions. But I wondered if it was too late for me. I just woke up from my rest after arriving back from my vacation, and I still have no idea what to sing.

Gaaah! I felt like a mess!

I frantically thought of what to sing and decided on a couple of songs and started practising. After awhile, I took up enough courage to call Jei-C, one of the numbers posted in the ad, who is also one of the organizers of the event. I asked him if there’s still time to audition and he said there is. Audition ends at 3pm.

I immediately told my dad I was auditioning. And although they were skeptic at first about my chances of getting in, they were still willing to drive me to the auditions.

But the thing is, with all the time I spent searching for a song to sing and practising, I didn’t realize the time! It was already quarter to 3! I panicked and felt hopeless. Then I just thought maybe it was just not meant to be, maybe next year would be the best year to try out.

Just when I was about to give up Jei-C called asking if I were still coming. I said there’s no more time. Then I asked him if there’s gonna be a second audition or something. He said as far as he knows there’s no more, but what I could do is send him an audition tape via facebook. I agreed and was so glad for the second chance given to me.

I started planning and thinking of songs to sing for the audition once more.

After a few hours Jei-C called again bearing good news. The organizing committee decided to open another audition on Jan. 15 at 10 am.

I almost jumped from happiness! God has given me a second chance to audition in front of the judges, it must fate!

It must be a sign that I should join now. So I thought it's NOW OR NEVER!

No comments: