Thursday, January 28, 2010

Jan. 28: The Judge

A couple of days ago, I was asked by the International Philippine School in Riyadh to judge their Musical Contest for their 24th Foundation Week, which was this morning. I felt honored to be chosen as one of the judges and I saw that as a good opportunity for me to experience how it is to be a judge in a musical competition, that way I would understand how judges think and feel while judging the singers, and how they evaluate and observe the contestants.

I judged the singing contest from 7am in the morning until 3pm for all levels. It was tough and fun at the same time. Being able to watch singers from a musical judge's viewpoint allowed me to see how I should be in the Pop Icon competition. It was indeed a great learning experience.

First I was able to realize what I should do on stage to wow the judges, based on how I observed the contestants as a judge. Then I learned and picked up a lot from the contenders as well, like techniques, gestures and styles. I saw what I should and should not do on stage that the judges will see.

Hopefully, I will be able to apply the things I learned from the event so that I could have a better connection with the judges during the competition.


No comments: