Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sick

It’s been more than a week since I practiced singing and it is making me feel rusty.
I have been sick since Feb. with a sore throat and that lasted for a week, which was then followed by a bad cough and I still have it today.
I guess this is a lesson for me not to overdo practicing especially during cold weather. Now I realized how important it is to take care of, not only my singing voice, but of my health as well, otherwise it will be useless if I can’t sing well because of my condition.
My vocal coach suggests to stop singing once I feel tension in my throat, and to only sing my piece twice a day to not strain my voice. I should’ve listened to her.
Now, I only have less than two weeks to prepare for the 1st elimination round and I’m still not in my best shape and I still haven’t been rehearsing.

No comments: