Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Climb

Lately I have been down in the dumps, because I have been sick with a sore throat and cough for two weeks and that rendered me useless, because I am not allowed to practice my piece, to sing and to do cardio work-outs for my breathing. And so when I came back from being ill my voice was not in good condition.

Then last Saturday, for the first time after two weeks of being sick, I sang again with Mrs. Khoury... and I really sucked! I didn't nail the high notes, I wasn't myself. AAAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHH! I WANTED TO CRY that time!

I only had 6 DAYS... SIX freakin' days before the competition and I am still not at my best!!!!!!

A huge part of me wanted to give up. But a chockfull of friends were lifting me up with wonderful words of wisdom. A friend of mine even asked me the title of the song I was going to sing in the competition, and I was like “You already know right, it’s Fighter”… and that’s when he made his point, that my song was about being a fighter and fighters don’t give up, they fight! A friend of mine also said that I have to think about my passion in singing, my determination to win and stay focused in what I’m doing… and that’s what I am doing right now.

I can’t say that I am back to what I was before I got sick but atleast I’m doing my best now and not giving up.

I guess struggles like these happen to challenge people and see if they really want what they want. I suppose a lot of pop stars had to go through same things like these in the beginning.


Well, just like Miley Cyrus said in her song, The Climb:


“The struggles I’m facing, the chances I’m taking, Sometimes might knock me down but no I’m not breakin’… But I gotta be strong, Just keep pushing on! There’s always be gonna another mountain, I’m always gonna wanna make it move, Always gonna be an uphill battle, Sometimes I gonna have to lose, Ain’t about how fast I get there, Ain’t about what’s waiting on the other side… IT’S THE CLIMB!”

KEEP THE FAITH!!!

No comments: